Even in crucial times, Volkswagen Philippines continued its 24/7 Emergency Roadside Assistance (ERA) for an added layer of security, safety, and peace of mind of its owners and drivers.
The 24/7 ERA is an after-sales program of Volkswagen Philippines that is available for every customer once he or she purchases a vehicle.
Volkswagen vehicles purchased from December 1, 2015 onwards are automatically covered by the 24-hour ERA during the entire period of enhanced community quarantine, plus an extended 30 days after the national government officially lifts the stay-at-home protocol. The one-year ERA validity for sold brand-new vehicles has also been waived.
These are the following services that are covered by the ERA:
- Towing—In the event that your Volkswagen vehicle is immobilized or is involved in an accident, the ERA will tow and bring your vehicle to the nearest Volkswagen service facility;
- Removal of vehicle/vehicle recovery—In an accident where the vehicle has been rendered a total wreck, the ERA will arrange to have your Volkswagen vehicle removed with the use of a crane and brought to the nearest Volkswagen service facility;
- Fuel delivery—If your Volkswagen vehicle runs out of fuel, the ERA will arrange delivery of fuel;
- Battery jumpstart—The ERA’s service provider will be dispatched to jumpstart the battery. If your vehicle cannot be driven safely, towing services will be provided;
- Lock-out service—If your keys are locked inside your vehicle, ERA’s service provider will attempt to gain entry into your vehicle to retrieve your keys;
- Flat tire service—If your vehicle has a flat tire, ERA’s service provider will remove it and install a spare tire (if available) in a safe environment.
Volkswagen Philippines’ ERA also offers other crucial services in emergency situations, to get your processing on the move even if you yourself aren’t in your intended destination yet:
- Relay of urgent messages—ERA’s service provider will take care of relaying your urgent messages relating to any of the events covered in this program;
- Accident coordination—ERA’s service provider will coordinate with the necessary agencies (Police, TMG, and MMDA) to assist you;
- Ambulance coordination—ERA’s service provider will arrange for ambulance service when necessary, to bring you and/or other passengers to the nearest hospital with appropriate medical capabilities and facilities for the necessary treatment;
- Arrangement for hospital admission—ERA’s service provider will provide necessary admission assistance in a hospital or medical facility, in case you and/or the passengers in your Volkswagen vehicle are injured in the accident.
However, the 24/7 ERA service time may vary in consideration with the enhanced community quarantine and depending on the coordination among the vehicle owner or driver, the local government unit (LGU), and the ERA service provider available within the area.